Craving for a sweet treat that has just the right level of sweetness and crunch? Well, say hello to Toffee Matzo Crack.
This incredible treat is a twist to traditional matzo crackers that combines a chewy toffee with a crunchy and salty matzo cracker, topped with a thick layer of chocolate and nuts. This recipe is so easy to make and will literally take you 30 minutes to complete.
So, roll up your sleeves and let’s get started!
- 4-6 sheets of matzo crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or almonds)
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the matzo crackers onto the baking sheet and set it aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar. Keep stirring until the mixture turns into a caramel toffee consistency.
- When the toffee is ready, pour it onto the matzo crackers and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake the matzo crackers for 10-15 minutes until the toffee turns golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot toffee. Wait for a few minutes and let the chocolate chips melt and spread.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of chopped nuts and sea salt over the melted chocolate, and place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- When the chocolate is firm, break the Toffee Matzo Crack into bite-size pieces.
If you prefer a sweeter taste, use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate chips.
You can use any nuts you like such as walnuts or hazelnuts.
There you have it! This Toffee Matzo Crack recipe will make you crave for more every time you have a bite of it. It’s an easy and affordable sweet treat perfect for any occasion.
Make sure to store it in an airtight container at room temperature, and it can last for up to a week. Go ahead and try it out – you won’t regret it!