Are you looking for a quick and easy appetizer that will impress your friends and family? Look no further than pigs in a blanket!
This classic dish has been a staple at parties for generations, and with good reason. It’s simple to make and always a crowd-pleaser. In this post, we’ll share with you the ultimate pigs in a blanket recipe.
- 1 package of crescent roll dough
- 24 mini sausages (or hot dogs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
- Cut each triangle in half to make 2 smaller triangles.
- Place a mini sausage on the widest part of each triangle and roll it up.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash over each pigs in a blanket and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the pigs in a blanket onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pigs in a blanket are incredibly versatile. Here are a few variations you might want to try:
- Cheese: Add a small amount of shredded cheese on top of the sausage before rolling up the crescent roll dough.
- Spicy: Use spicy sausage instead of mini sausages.
- Everything bagel: Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over each pigs in a blanket before baking.
- Breakfast: Use bacon-wrapped sausages instead of mini sausages and serve with maple syrup.
Pigs in a blanket go well with a variety of dipping sauces, such as ketchup, mustard, or ranch dressing.
For a fancy touch, you could also serve them with a honey mustard dipping sauce. You can also pair pigs in a blanket with a green salad for a light meal or serve them as an appetizer alongside other finger foods.
Pigs in a blanket are a classic crowd-pleaser that are easy to make and fun to eat. With this ultimate recipe, you can make them from scratch in no time at all.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a quick snack, pigs in a blanket will always hit the spot.
So next time you’re in the kitchen, grab some crescent roll dough and mini sausages and get rolling!