When you think of a classic milkshake, the Oreo milkshake is sure to be at the top of the list. This iconic dessert drink is the perfect combination of creamy vanilla ice cream and the chocolatey goodness of Oreo cookies.
Whether you’re craving a sweet treat on a hot summer day or just in the mood for something indulgent, an Oreo milkshake can satisfy your sweet tooth.
In this post, we’ll give you an easy and delicious recipe for making the perfect Oreo milkshake at home.
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup of milk
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Whipped cream and extra Oreo cookies for topping (optional)
- First, crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces with a rolling pin or food processor. Set aside a handful of the crushed Oreos for later.
- In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, and the majority of the crushed Oreos. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the Oreo milkshake into a glass and top with whipped cream and the remaining crushed Oreos. Add an extra Oreo for garnish if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re looking to mix things up a bit, there are a few variations to the classic Oreo milkshake recipe that are worth trying:
- Mint Oreo milkshake: Add a few drops of mint extract to the milkshake mixture before blending for a refreshing twist.
- Peanut butter Oreo milkshake: Add a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter to the mixture for an extra indulgent treat.
- Vegan Oreo milkshake: Swap the vanilla ice cream and milk for non-dairy alternatives like coconut milk ice cream and almond milk.
There’s nothing quite like an Oreo milkshake to satisfy your sweet tooth. With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you’ll be able to whip up this classic dessert drink in no time.
Whether you prefer the classic recipe or want to try a variation, there’s no wrong way to enjoy an Oreo milkshake.
So, go ahead and shake it up with this delicious treat!