Pizza is one of those widely popular dishes that hardly ever disappoints. However, there are different styles of pizza – Neapolitan, Sicilian, and, of course, the famous New York style.
New York style pizza is a thinner crust pizza that’s crispy on the outside yet chewy on the inside and loaded with a light touch of toppings. It’s delicious, and there’s nothing quite like it.
So, if you’ve been dying to try your hands at making New York style pizza at home, then this article is for you.
In this post, I’ll be sharing with you the best New York style pizza recipe you’ll ever try.
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 475°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast until well-combined.
- Slowly add the lukewarm water and olive oil, combine until a dough forms. Knead the dough using your hands for about 1 minute until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a plastic wrap. Let it rest and rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Divide the dough into two portions and shape them into balls. Flour a work surface and flatten out the dough into a 12-inch circle using your fingers or a rolling pin.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet that is lightly greased with olive oil. Add your toppings of choice, leaving about an inch of dough around the edges.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Slice and serve hot!
The best topping for your New York-style pizza is a thin layer of tomato sauce, sprinkled with oregano, fresh mozzarella cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil.
However, if you’re feeling adventurous or want to mix things up a bit, here are some of the popular toppings to add to your pizza:
Making a good New York style pizza can take a lot of practice, but with persistence, it’s achievable.
This recipe is simple yet effective and will walk you through the steps to make a delicious pizza from scratch. Experiment with different toppings, and you’ll be enjoying your favorite slice in your own home.
With this recipe, you’ll never have to head out to your local pizza spot to get a perfect slice of New York-style pizza again.