Long Island Iced Tea is a classic cocktail recipe that has been around for decades, but after trying one, you’ll understand why it remains so popular today. It is a refreshing blend of spirits and sweeteners that is perfect for any summer day.
Despite its name, the Long Island Iced Tea does not contain any tea at all, but is instead a mixture of rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix.
Today, I’ll be sharing my favorite Long Island Iced Tea Recipe, so you can make this delicious cocktail at home!
- 1 oz. white rum
- 1 oz. gin
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. sweet and sour mix
- 1 oz. cola
- Fill a beverage shaker with ice
- Pour the white rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix over the ice in the shaker
- Shake vigorously until the mixture is chilled
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Pour the cocktail over the ice in the glass, then top with cola
- Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired
- For a stronger cocktail, consider using higher-proof liquors
- If you prefer a sweeter drink, add more sweet and sour mix or use a sweeter cola
- Use fresh limes to garnish for a more vibrant look and taste
- If you enjoy the traditional Long Island Iced Tea, you might also like the Long Beach Iced Tea, which swaps the cola for cranberry juice
- For a tropical twist, try swapping the sweet and sour mix for pineapple juice, and garnish with a pineapple wedge
Whether you’re spending a hot summer day on the beach or relaxing in your backyard, a Long Island Iced Tea is the perfect adult beverage to cool down with. This classic cocktail has been around for a reason, and after trying out our recipe, you will understand why!
Enjoy the refreshing blend of spirits and sweeteners with your friends and family this summer and see for yourself why the Long Island Iced Tea remains such a popular drink!