Banana and chocolate are two flavors which go perfectly well together. They complement each other so well that they leave your taste buds craving for more.
What could be better than combining both flavors in a cupcake recipe? Banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting will be the perfect treat for everyone who is looking for something sweet and delicious.
Here, you will find the recipe for these tasty cupcakes.
Here are the ingredients that you will need for the banana cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
For the chocolate frosting, you will need:
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix mashed bananas, vegetable oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture.
- Gradually pour in buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Scoop the batter into the liners until each cup is about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Use a toothpick to poke the center of the cupcakes; if the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are cooked.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- To make the chocolate frosting, beat the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt; mix until smooth.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top for decor (optional).
If you are a big fan of cupcakes, then you must try this recipe for banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting!
This recipe is perfect for events such as parties, birthdays, or just as a delicious afternoon snack. You can decorate it however you want, and it can be tailored to suit your preferences.
We hope you enjoy making and eating these delightful banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting just as much as we do!